Samaritan Counseling Center of the Mohawk Valley in partnership with St. Margaret’s Ecumenical and Retreat Center are offering group counseling support for individuals who have contracted COVID-19 and continue to struggle with the long terms effects of COVID-19 after recovering. The group will provide group counseling support to 12 to 20 individuals at no cost to participants. The group will meet in-person at St. Margaret’s enabling space that will allow for social distancing and accommodate 12 to 20 people. Masks are required when meeting. If needed the group will transition to online, depending on safety issues and need due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
COVID-19 Support Group Goals
- Provide support services at no cost to the group participants.
- Create a cohesive group experience that enables participants to utilize a licensed mental health counselor/social worker as a resource and each other for emotional support.
- Install hope by creating a group dynamic that each participant can learn from each other that include strategies to overcome obstacles that are overwhelming and inspire each other during the group process.
- Provide information and resources for participants about their shared struggle(s).
- Promote healing through the group experience to increase participant quality of life.
- Work to make participants stay connected to the group and increase participation without the concern of impact on participants’ finances.
The group will be held on Mondays starting at 2:00 PM on, January 10, 2022, at St. Margaret’s Ecumenical and Retreat Center. It is an open group and there will be no cost to attend. The group will meet for one hour.
For information or to register please contact Jim Davis at Samaritan Counseling Center at 315-724-5173 x 306.